Modern cars are increasingly more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mitsubishi Lancer, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to locate the fuse of the parking lights on your Mitsubishi Lancer. To get this done, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be important to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Mitsubishi Lancer, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Mitsubishi Lancer .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Mitsubishi Lancer?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the parking light fuse of your Mitsubishi Lancer by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Mitsubishi Lancer . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Mitsubishi Lancer when they don’t operate anymore without cause . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Mitsubishi Lancer?
We will now search for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Mitsubishi Lancer. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the parking lights of your Mitsubishi Lancer .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Mitsubishi Lancer
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Mitsubishi Lancer’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Mitsubishi Lancer.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to locate the parking light fuse of your Mitsubishi Lancer , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content page and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Mitsubishi Lancer
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mitsubishi Lancer, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mitsubishi Lancer, or the car radio fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Mitsubishi Lancer, take a look at the Mitsubishi Lancer category.