Modern cars are increasingly more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Gla, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and especially to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Mercedes Gla. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Gla, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Gla .
Why change the parking light fuse on Mercedes Gla?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the parking light fuse of your Mercedes Gla by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Gla . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual check. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a Mercedes Gla when they don’t operate anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Mercedes Gla?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Mercedes Gla. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper procedure of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Mercedes Gla .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Gla
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Mercedes Gla’s parking lights. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the instruction manual of your Mercedes Gla.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Mercedes Gla , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this content page and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Mercedes Gla
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Gla, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Gla, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mercedes Gla, go to our Mercedes Gla category.