Modern cars are progressively more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Benz E Class, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Mercedes Benz E Class. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be significant to change the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Benz E Class, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Benz E Class .
Why change the parking light fuse on Mercedes Benz E Class?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the parking light fuse of your Mercedes Benz E Class by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Benz E Class . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a Mercedes Benz E Class when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Mercedes Benz E Class?
We will now try to find the fuse for the parking-lights in your Mercedes Benz E Class. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Mercedes Benz E Class .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Mercedes Benz E Class
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Mercedes Benz E Class’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Mercedes Benz E Class.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Mercedes Benz E Class , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this guideline and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your issue.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Mercedes Benz E Class
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Benz E Class, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Benz E Class, or the car radio fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz E Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz E Class category.