Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our GMC Sierra, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the fuse of the parking lights on your GMC Sierra. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be important to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your GMC Sierra, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your GMC Sierra .
Why replace the parking light fuse on GMC Sierra?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the parking light fuse of your GMC Sierra by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your GMC Sierra . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a GMC Sierra when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on GMC Sierra?
We will now try to find the fuse for the parking-lights in your GMC Sierra. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the parking lights of your GMC Sierra .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your GMC Sierra
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your GMC Sierra’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the guidebook of your GMC Sierra.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the parking light fuse of your GMC Sierra , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this guideline and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your GMC Sierra
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your GMC Sierra, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on GMC Sierra, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the GMC Sierra, take a look at the GMC Sierra category.