Modern cars are progressively more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Fusion, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the parking lights on your Ford Fusion. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it can be important to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Fusion, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Fusion .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Ford Fusion?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the parking light fuse of your Ford Fusion by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse functions as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Fusion . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Ford Fusion when they don’t operate anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Ford Fusion?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Ford Fusion. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper procedure of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the parking lights of your Ford Fusion .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Ford Fusion
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Ford Fusion’s parking lights. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Ford Fusion.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the parking light fuse of your Ford Fusion , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this guideline and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Ford Fusion
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Fusion, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Fusion, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Ford Fusion, take a look at the Ford Fusion category.