Modern cars are more and more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Cadillac Escalade, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Cadillac Escalade. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it can be relevant to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Cadillac Escalade, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Cadillac Escalade .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Cadillac Escalade?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the parking light fuse of your Cadillac Escalade by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Cadillac Escalade . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Cadillac Escalade when they don’t work anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Cadillac Escalade?
We will now try to find the fuse for the parking-lights in your Cadillac Escalade. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Cadillac Escalade .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Cadillac Escalade
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Cadillac Escalade’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Cadillac Escalade.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Cadillac Escalade , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Remove the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content page and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Cadillac Escalade
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Cadillac Escalade, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Cadillac Escalade, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Cadillac Escalade, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac Escalade category.