Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we sadly also go through the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Audi A1, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your Audi A1. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it can be significant to replace the fuse of the parking lights of your Audi A1, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your Audi A1 .
Why replace the parking light fuse on Audi A1?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the parking light fuse of your Audi A1 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Audi A1 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the parking lights of a Audi A1 when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on Audi A1?
We will now look for the fuse for the parking-lights in your Audi A1. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your Audi A1 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your Audi A1
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Audi A1’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Audi A1.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your Audi A1 , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this article and check the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your Audi A1
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Audi A1, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi A1, or the car radio fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi A1, go to our Audi A1 category.