Modern cars are more and more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also suffer the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volvo V60, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Volvo V60. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be correct to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V60, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V60 .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Volvo V60?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the airbag fuse of your Volvo V60 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Volvo V60 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still undamaged with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Volvo V60 when they don’t operate anymore without explanation . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Volvo V60?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Volvo V60. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Volvo V60 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V60
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Volvo V60’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Volvo V60.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Volvo V60 , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this article and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Volvo V60
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volvo V60, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Volvo V60, or the car radio fuse Volvo V60, do not hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Volvo V60, go to our Volvo V60 category.