Modern cars are increasingly more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we however also go through the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volvo V50, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and especially to find the fuse of the airbag on your Volvo V50. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be correct to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V50, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V50 .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Volvo V50?
So let’s begin our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your Volvo V50 by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volvo V50 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual verify. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Volvo V50 when they don’t function anymore without explanation . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Volvo V50?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Volvo V50. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Volvo V50 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Volvo V50
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Volvo V50’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the instruction manual of your Volvo V50.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Volvo V50 , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this guideline and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Volvo V50
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volvo V50, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Volvo V50, or the car radio fuse Volvo V50, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Volvo V50, go to our Volvo V50 category.