Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Tesla Model X, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Tesla Model X. To do this, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be correct to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Tesla Model X, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Tesla Model X .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Tesla Model X?
So let’s start our article content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Tesla Model X by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Tesla Model X . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Tesla Model X when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Tesla Model X?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Tesla Model X. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Tesla Model X .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Tesla Model X
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Tesla Model X’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Tesla Model X.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Tesla Model X , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this article content and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Tesla Model X
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Tesla Model X, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Tesla Model X, or the car radio fuse Tesla Model X, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Tesla Model X, take a look at the Tesla Model X category.