Modern cars are increasingly more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Suzuki Vitara, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Suzuki Vitara. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Suzuki Vitara, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Suzuki Vitara .
Why change the airbag fuse on Suzuki Vitara?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the airbag fuse of your Suzuki Vitara by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Suzuki Vitara . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a basic visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Suzuki Vitara when they don’t operate anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Suzuki Vitara?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Suzuki Vitara. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper procedure of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Suzuki Vitara .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Suzuki Vitara
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Suzuki Vitara’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the owners manual of your Suzuki Vitara.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Suzuki Vitara , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this content page and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Suzuki Vitara
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Suzuki Vitara, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Suzuki Vitara, or the car radio fuse Suzuki Vitara, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Suzuki Vitara, go to our Suzuki Vitara category.