Modern cars are progressively more designed with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we however also undergo the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 406, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Peugeot 406. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 406, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 406 .
Why change the airbag fuse on Peugeot 406?
So let’s start our article on the location of the airbag fuse of your Peugeot 406 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Peugeot 406 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Peugeot 406 when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Peugeot 406?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Peugeot 406. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper procedure of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Peugeot 406 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 406
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Peugeot 406’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the guidebook of your Peugeot 406.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Peugeot 406 , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this article and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Peugeot 406
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Peugeot 406, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 406, or the car radio fuse Peugeot 406, do not hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Peugeot 406, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 406 category.