Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 309, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Peugeot 309. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 309, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 309 .
Why change the airbag fuse on Peugeot 309?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Peugeot 309 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Peugeot 309 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Peugeot 309 when they don’t operate anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning correctly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Peugeot 309?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Peugeot 309. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Peugeot 309 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Peugeot 309
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Peugeot 309’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Peugeot 309.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Peugeot 309 , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Peugeot 309
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Peugeot 309, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 309, or the car radio fuse Peugeot 309, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 309, take a look at the Peugeot 309 category.