Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and although this provides us comfort, we however also go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Viano, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Mercedes Viano. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it can be correct to change the fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Viano, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Viano .
Why change the airbag fuse on Mercedes Viano?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the airbag fuse of your Mercedes Viano by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Viano . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Mercedes Viano when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Mercedes Viano?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Mercedes Viano. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Mercedes Viano .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Mercedes Viano
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Mercedes Viano’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the guidebook of your Mercedes Viano.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Mercedes Viano , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this article and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Mercedes Viano
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Viano, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Viano, or the car radio fuse Mercedes Viano, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes Viano, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Viano category.