Modern cars are progressively more equipped with technology and nevertheless this provides us comfort, we however also go through the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Lincoln MKZ, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Lincoln MKZ. To get this done, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKZ, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKZ .
Why change the airbag fuse on Lincoln MKZ?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Lincoln MKZ by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a security system to prevent overvoltage on your Lincoln MKZ . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Lincoln MKZ when they don’t work anymore without explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Lincoln MKZ?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Lincoln MKZ. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Lincoln MKZ .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKZ
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Lincoln MKZ’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Lincoln MKZ.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Lincoln MKZ , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Lincoln MKZ
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Lincoln MKZ, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Lincoln MKZ, or the car radio fuse Lincoln MKZ, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Lincoln MKZ, take a look at the Lincoln MKZ category.