Modern cars are increasingly more pre-loaded with technology and although this provides us comfort, we however also go through the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Lincoln MKS, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Lincoln MKS. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKS, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKS .
Why change the airbag fuse on Lincoln MKS?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your Lincoln MKS by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Lincoln MKS . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual check. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Lincoln MKS when they don’t work anymore without explanation . If your battery is working correctly, it might be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Lincoln MKS?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Lincoln MKS. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Lincoln MKS .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Lincoln MKS
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Lincoln MKS’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Lincoln MKS.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Lincoln MKS , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this guideline and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Lincoln MKS
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Lincoln MKS, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Lincoln MKS, or the car radio fuse Lincoln MKS, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Lincoln MKS, go to our Lincoln MKS category.