Modern cars are progressively more designed with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Optima, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Kia Optima. To do this, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be significant to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Kia Optima, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Kia Optima .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Kia Optima?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the airbag fuse of your Kia Optima by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security system to prevent overvoltage on your Kia Optima . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Kia Optima when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Kia Optima?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Kia Optima. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Kia Optima .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Kia Optima
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Kia Optima’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Kia Optima.
- Read the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Kia Optima , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this content page and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Kia Optima
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Kia Optima, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Optima, or the car radio fuse Kia Optima, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Kia Optima, take a look at the Kia Optima category.