Modern cars are progressively more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Wrangler, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Jeep Wrangler. To get this done, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Wrangler, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Wrangler .
Why change the airbag fuse on Jeep Wrangler?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Wrangler by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Wrangler . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Jeep Wrangler when they don’t work anymore without reason . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Jeep Wrangler?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Jeep Wrangler. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Jeep Wrangler .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Wrangler
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Jeep Wrangler’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the instruction manual of your Jeep Wrangler.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Jeep Wrangler , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this guideline and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Wrangler
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Jeep Wrangler, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Wrangler, or the car radio fuse Jeep Wrangler, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Jeep Wrangler, go to our Jeep Wrangler category.