Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this gives us comfort, we however also suffer the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Grand Cherokee, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Jeep Grand Cherokee. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Grand Cherokee .
Why change the airbag fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
So let’s start our article on the location of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Grand Cherokee by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Grand Cherokee . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Jeep Grand Cherokee when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning effectively, it may be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Jeep Grand Cherokee. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Jeep Grand Cherokee .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Jeep Grand Cherokee’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Jeep Grand Cherokee , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this article and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee, or the car radio fuse Jeep Grand Cherokee, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Jeep Grand Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Grand Cherokee category.