Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Cherokee, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the fuse of the airbag on your Jeep Cherokee. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Cherokee, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Cherokee .
Why change the airbag fuse on Jeep Cherokee?
So let’s begin our article content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Cherokee by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Cherokee . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Jeep Cherokee when they don’t work anymore without cause . If your battery is working correctly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Jeep Cherokee?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Jeep Cherokee. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Jeep Cherokee .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Jeep Cherokee
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Jeep Cherokee’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the instruction manual of your Jeep Cherokee.
- Go through the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Jeep Cherokee , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this article content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Jeep Cherokee
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Jeep Cherokee, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Cherokee, or the car radio fuse Jeep Cherokee, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Jeep Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Cherokee category.