Modern cars are increasingly more designed with technology and although this provides us comfort, we however also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Hyundai Ioniq, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Hyundai Ioniq. To get this done, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be important to change the fuse of the airbag of your Hyundai Ioniq, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Hyundai Ioniq .
Why change the airbag fuse on Hyundai Ioniq?
So let’s begin our article content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Hyundai Ioniq by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Hyundai Ioniq . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Hyundai Ioniq when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is functioning correctly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Hyundai Ioniq?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your Hyundai Ioniq. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper procedure of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Hyundai Ioniq .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Hyundai Ioniq
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Hyundai Ioniq’s airbag. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instructions of your Hyundai Ioniq.
- Go through the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Hyundai Ioniq , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this article content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Hyundai Ioniq
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Hyundai Ioniq, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Hyundai Ioniq, or the car radio fuse Hyundai Ioniq, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Hyundai Ioniq, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Ioniq category.