Modern cars are progressively more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however also go through the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Honda Accord, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Honda Accord. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it can be important to change the fuse of the airbag of your Honda Accord, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Honda Accord .
Why change the airbag fuse on Honda Accord?
So let’s start our article on the location of the airbag fuse of your Honda Accord by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse functions as a security system to prevent overvoltage on your Honda Accord . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Honda Accord when they don’t work anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Honda Accord?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Honda Accord. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Honda Accord .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Honda Accord
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Honda Accord’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Honda Accord.
- Read the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Honda Accord , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this article and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your issue.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Honda Accord
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Honda Accord, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Honda Accord, or the car radio fuse Honda Accord, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Honda Accord, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Accord category.