Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our GMC Canyon, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your GMC Canyon. To get this done, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be correct to replace the fuse of the airbag of your GMC Canyon, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your GMC Canyon .
Why replace the airbag fuse on GMC Canyon?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your GMC Canyon by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your GMC Canyon . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a GMC Canyon when they don’t function anymore without explanation . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on GMC Canyon?
We will now try to find the fuse for the airbag in your GMC Canyon. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your GMC Canyon .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your GMC Canyon
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your GMC Canyon’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the guidebook of your GMC Canyon.
- Read the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your GMC Canyon , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this guideline and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your GMC Canyon
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your GMC Canyon, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on GMC Canyon, or the car radio fuse GMC Canyon, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the GMC Canyon, take a look at the GMC Canyon category.