Modern cars are progressively more built with technology and although this gives us comfort, we sadly also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Genesis G80, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to locate the fuse of the airbag on your Genesis G80. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be correct to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Genesis G80, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Genesis G80 .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Genesis G80?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the airbag fuse of your Genesis G80 by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse functions as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Genesis G80 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Genesis G80 when they don’t function anymore without explanation . If your battery is working correctly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Genesis G80?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Genesis G80. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the airbag of your Genesis G80 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Genesis G80
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Genesis G80’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Genesis G80.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the airbag of your Genesis G80 , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this content page and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Genesis G80
Finally, we will now look at how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Genesis G80, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the airbag of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Genesis G80, or the car radio fuse Genesis G80, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Genesis G80, do not hesitate to consult our Genesis G80 category.