Modern cars are progressively more equipped with technology and although this gives us comfort, we however also suffer the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Dart, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Dodge Dart. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it can be significant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Dodge Dart, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Dodge Dart .
Why change the airbag fuse on Dodge Dart?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your Dodge Dart by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Dodge Dart . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Dodge Dart when they don’t operate anymore without explanation . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Dodge Dart?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Dodge Dart. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Dodge Dart .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Dodge Dart
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your Dodge Dart’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Dodge Dart.
- Read the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Dodge Dart , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this guideline and check the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Dodge Dart
Finally, we will now check out how to check the status of your car’s airbag relay. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Dodge Dart, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Dart, or the car radio fuse Dodge Dart, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Dodge Dart, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Dart category.