Modern cars are increasingly more built with technology and although this provides us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Citroen Cactus, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Citroen Cactus. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to change the fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Cactus, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Cactus .
Why change the airbag fuse on Citroen Cactus?
So let’s start our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Citroen Cactus by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety system to prevent overvoltage on your Citroen Cactus . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the airbag of a Citroen Cactus when they don’t work anymore without reason . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Citroen Cactus?
We will now search for the fuse for the airbag in your Citroen Cactus. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper operation of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Citroen Cactus .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Citroen Cactus
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Citroen Cactus’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the instructions of your Citroen Cactus.
- Browse the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Citroen Cactus , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse carefully with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Citroen Cactus
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Citroen Cactus, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the position of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Citroen Cactus, or the car radio fuse Citroen Cactus, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Citroen Cactus, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Cactus category.