Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Bolt, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the fuse of the airbag on your Chevrolet Bolt. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be important to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Chevrolet Bolt, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Chevrolet Bolt .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Chevrolet Bolt?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the airbag fuse of your Chevrolet Bolt by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Chevrolet Bolt . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a simple visual verify. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Chevrolet Bolt when they don’t function anymore without reason . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Chevrolet Bolt?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Chevrolet Bolt. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that manages the proper procedure of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the airbag of your Chevrolet Bolt .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Chevrolet Bolt
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Chevrolet Bolt’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the owners manual of your Chevrolet Bolt.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the airbag of your Chevrolet Bolt , it should be mentioned under the name “airbag” .
- Remove the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last part of this guideline and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Chevrolet Bolt
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Chevrolet Bolt, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Bolt, or the car radio fuse Chevrolet Bolt, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Bolt, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Bolt category.