Modern cars are progressively more pre-loaded with technology and nevertheless this gives us comfort, we sadly also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Audi A2, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the airbag on your Audi A2. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it can be important to replace the fuse of the airbag of your Audi A2, then where is the fuse of the airbag of your Audi A2 .
Why replace the airbag fuse on Audi A2?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the airbag fuse of your Audi A2 by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you discover an airbag light warning on your dash, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Audi A2 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the airbag of a Audi A2 when they don’t function anymore without cause . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the fuse for the airbag on Audi A2?
We will now look for the fuse for the airbag in your Audi A2. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper process of your airbag. We will take it in turns to help you to find the fuse for the airbag of your Audi A2 .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the airbag of your Audi A2
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of your Audi A2’s airbag. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Audi A2.
- Go through the instruction on the cover of the fuse box to find the airbag of your Audi A2 , it should be noted under the name “airbag” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last part of this content and verify the power supply to your airbag. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace your car’s airbag fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the airbag fuse of your Audi A2
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s airbag relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Audi A2, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the airbag relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of the airbag of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi A2, or the car radio fuse Audi A2, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Audi A2, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A2 category.