In this article, we are going to address a theme that can be of use to all of us. Whether it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Nissan Qashqai is necessary. In fact, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore change a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To achieve this, we will first show you the different types of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Nissan Qashqai, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Nissan Qashqai?
So we begin our content with the different types of jacks that exist. In fact, nevertheless generally speaking most Nissan Qashqai will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Nissan Qashqai : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally identified on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has just one articulated arm that is positioned under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not allow you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Nissan Qashqai : It uses exactly similar basic principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will allow screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, nevertheless the use of a double arm will allow to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Nissan Qashqai : This kind of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually just supplied with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much easier to employ and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and efficient model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Nissan Qashqai?
We will now commence the part that surely done you come to this post, where is the jack on a Nissan Qashqai? It may seem basic, but depending on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most Nissan Qashqai cars are furnished with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. Whether you have just bought your Nissan Qashqai or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may possibly not have this information. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations may possibly change depending on the year and the finish of your Nissan Qashqai:
- The most common position for a jack is in the trunk of your Nissan Qashqai. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common position, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Nissan Qashqai is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, generally you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Nissan Qashqai?
Finally, we will fairly quickly show you how to use the jack on your Nissan Qashqai. Whether it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Nissan Qashqai, the process remains similar. This process may seem complex, but you just need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Nissan Qashqai, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will generally discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Nissan Qashqai, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Qashqai, go to our Nissan Qashqai category.