In this post, we are going to treat a subject that can be of use to all of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Nissan Micra 2 is fundamental. Obviously, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore change a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first show you the different sort of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Nissan Micra 2, and at last, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Nissan Micra 2?
So we begin our content page with the different sort of jacks that exist. Obviously, nevertheless in general most Nissan Micra 2 will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Nissan Micra 2 : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally located on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is situated under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Nissan Micra 2 : It uses precisely similar principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, nevertheless the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Nissan Micra 2 : This sort of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much simpler to employ and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Nissan Micra 2?
We will now start the part that surely done you come to this article, where is the jack on a Nissan Micra 2? It might seem simple, but based on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Take note that most Nissan Micra 2 cars are furnished with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Nissan Micra 2 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this information. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations might change based on the year and the finish of your Nissan Micra 2:
- The most general location for a jack is in the trunk of your Nissan Micra 2. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common location, your jack might be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Nissan Micra 2 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, in most cases you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Nissan Micra 2?
Finally, we will quickly show you how to use the jack on your Nissan Micra 2. If it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Nissan Micra 2, the process remains similar. This process might seem difficult, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Nissan Micra 2, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, in any other case you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will in most cases discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Nissan Micra 2, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Micra 2, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Micra 2 category.