In this article, we are going to talk about a topic that can be of use to all of us. Whether it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Nissan Cube is necessary. Obviously, without the jack, you won’t be able to lift your car and therefore change a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first explain the different kind of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Nissan Cube, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Nissan Cube?
So we begin our content page with the different kind of jacks that exist. Obviously, although generally most Nissan Cube will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Nissan Cube : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally discovered on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is situated under the car to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not allow you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Nissan Cube : It uses exactly the same principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will allow screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, nevertheless the use of a double arm will allow to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Nissan Cube : This type of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in car centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much easier to use and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Nissan Cube?
We will now start the part that absolutely done you come to this post, where is the jack on a Nissan Cube? It might seem simple, but depending on the car produce and model the location of the jack is not the same. Take note that most Nissan Cube cars are set up with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. Whether you have just bought your Nissan Cube or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your car, these locations might change depending on the year and the finish of your Nissan Cube:
- The most common position for a jack is in the trunk of your Nissan Cube. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less traditional position, your jack might be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Nissan Cube is under your car. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, generally you will have to unscrew a nut to be able to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Nissan Cube?
Finally, we will fairly quickly explain how to use the jack on your Nissan Cube. Whether it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Nissan Cube, the procedure remains the same. This procedure might seem difficult, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Nissan Cube, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your car at the level of the underbody, you will generally discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Nissan Cube, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Nissan Cube, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Cube category.