In this article, we are going to treat a theme that can be of use to all of us. Whether it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Mercedes Viano is fundamental. In fact, without the jack, you won’t be able to lift your car and therefore replace a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first show you the different types of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Mercedes Viano, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Mercedes Viano?
So we start our article with the different types of jacks that exist. In fact, although generally speaking most Mercedes Viano will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Mercedes Viano : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally located on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is situated under the car to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Mercedes Viano : It uses precisely the same process as the jack seen above, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, on the other hand the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Mercedes Viano : This type of jack is not standard equipment on cars, and is usually only supplied with a premium model or bought in car centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much simpler to utilise and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Mercedes Viano?
We will now start the part that definitely made you come to this article, where is the jack on a Mercedes Viano? It might seem basic, but based on the car make and model the location of the jack is not the same. Take note that most Mercedes Viano cars are equipped with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. Whether you have just bought your Mercedes Viano or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your car, these locations may replace based on the year and the finish of your Mercedes Viano:
- The most common location for a jack is in the trunk of your Mercedes Viano. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common location, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Mercedes Viano is under your car. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to be able to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Mercedes Viano?
Finally, we will fairly quickly show you how to use the jack on your Mercedes Viano. Whether it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your Mercedes Viano, the process remains the same. This process might seem complex, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Mercedes Viano, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your car at the level of the underbody, you will usually discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Mercedes Viano, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Viano, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Viano category.