In this post, we are going to address a theme that can be of use to most of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Infiniti Q60 is fundamental. Obviously, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore replace a wheel, or, access the elements behind it such as the brake pads for example. To get this done, we will first show you the different sort of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Infiniti Q60, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Infiniti Q60?
So we begin our content with the different sort of jacks that exist. Obviously, although generally speaking most Infiniti Q60 will be equipped with the same type of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Infiniti Q60 : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally identified on entry-level models, or with few options. This type of jack has only one articulated arm that is situated under the motor vehicle to lift it. This type of jack is light, easy to use, but does not allow you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Infiniti Q60 : It uses precisely similar process as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will allow screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, on the other hand the use of a double arm will allow to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Infiniti Q60 : This kind of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only supplied with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much simpler to utilise and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Infiniti Q60?
We will now begin the part that definitely made you come to this post, where is the jack on a Infiniti Q60? It may seem basic, but based on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most Infiniti Q60 vehicles are equipped with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Infiniti Q60 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations might replace based on the year and the finish of your Infiniti Q60:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your Infiniti Q60. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less traditional position, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right part of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Infiniti Q60 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will locate it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Infiniti Q60?
Finally, we will quickly show you how to use the jack on your Infiniti Q60. If it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your Infiniti Q60, the procedure remains similar. This procedure may seem difficult, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Infiniti Q60, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, in any other case you risk damaging the transmission.
- Start to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will usually locate a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Infiniti Q60, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Infiniti Q60, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q60 category.