In this article, we are going to treat a subject that can be of use to all of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Ford Mustang is important. In fact, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and consequently replace a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To achieve this, we will first describe the different sort of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Ford Mustang, and at last, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Ford Mustang?
So we begin our article with the different sort of jacks that exist. In fact, nevertheless generally most Ford Mustang will be equipped with the same sort of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Ford Mustang : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally discovered on entry-level models, or with few options. This sort of jack has just one articulated arm that is situated under the car to lift it. This sort of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Ford Mustang : It uses exactly similar principle as the jack seen above, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, however the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Ford Mustang : This form of jack is not standard equipment on cars, and is usually just supplied with a premium model or bought in car centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much less complicated to employ and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and efficient model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Ford Mustang?
We will now commence the part that absolutely made you come to this article, where is the jack on a Ford Mustang? It might seem basic, but depending on the car make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most Ford Mustang vehicles are set up with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Ford Mustang or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may possibly not have this information. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your car, these locations may possibly replace depending on the year and the finish of your Ford Mustang:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your Ford Mustang. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less traditional position, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right part of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Ford Mustang is under your car. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Ford Mustang?
Finally, we will quickly describe how to use the jack on your Ford Mustang. If it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your Ford Mustang, the process remains similar. This process might seem complex, but you just need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Ford Mustang, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, in any other case you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your car at the level of the underbody, you will usually discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Ford Mustang, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
To discover more tips on the Ford Mustang, take a look at the Ford Mustang category.