In this article, we are going to address a topic that can be of use to all of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Ds Ds 3 is important. Indeed, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and consequently change a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To get this done, we will first describe the different types of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Ds Ds 3, and at last, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Ds Ds 3?
So we start our content page with the different types of jacks that exist. Indeed, nevertheless in general most Ds Ds 3 will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Ds Ds 3 : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally determined on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has just one articulated arm that is situated under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Ds Ds 3 : It uses precisely similar basic principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, on the other hand the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Ds Ds 3 : This form of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually just supplied with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much simpler to use and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and efficient model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Ds Ds 3?
We will now commence the part that surely made you come to this post, where is the jack on a Ds Ds 3? It may seem very easy, but depending on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Take note that most Ds Ds 3 vehicles are supplied with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Ds Ds 3 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this information. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations might change depending on the year and the finish of your Ds Ds 3:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your Ds Ds 3. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common position, your jack might be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right part of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Ds Ds 3 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will find it under your trunk, in most cases you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Ds Ds 3?
Finally, we will fairly quickly describe how to use the jack on your Ds Ds 3. If it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Ds Ds 3, the procedure remains similar. This procedure may seem difficult, but you just need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Ds Ds 3, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, in any other case you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will in most cases find a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Ds Ds 3, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Ds Ds 3, do not hesitate to consult our Ds Ds 3 category.