In this post, we are going to treat a subject that can be of use to most of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a BMW X4 is necessary. In truth, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore replace a wheel, or, access the elements behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first show you the different kind of jacks, then, where the jack is on an BMW X4, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for BMW X4?
So we start our content with the different kind of jacks that exist. In truth, although in general most BMW X4 will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for BMW X4 : The first type of jack, the most traditional and cheapest of all, is generally identified on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is situated under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for BMW X4 : It uses exactly similar basic principle as the jack seen above, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, however the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for BMW X4 : This sort of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much less complicated to employ and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and efficient model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on BMW X4?
We will now commence the part that absolutely made you come to this post, where is the jack on a BMW X4? It might seem simple, but depending on the motor vehicle produce and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most BMW X4 cars are equipped with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your BMW X4 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations may replace depending on the year and the finish of your BMW X4:
- The most general position for a jack is in the trunk of your BMW X4. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common position, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right part of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your BMW X4 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, in most cases you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a BMW X4?
Finally, we will fairly quickly show you how to use the jack on your BMW X4. If it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your BMW X4, the procedure remains similar. This procedure might seem complex, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your BMW X4, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will in most cases discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your BMW X4, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
To find more tips on the BMW X4, take a look at the BMW X4 category.