In this article, we are going to talk about a theme that can be of use to all of us. If it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to change your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Bmw Serie 5 is important. In actual fact, without the jack, you won’t be able to lift your car and therefore change a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first explain the different kind of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Bmw Serie 5, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Bmw Serie 5?
So we start our content with the different kind of jacks that exist. In actual fact, nevertheless in general most Bmw Serie 5 will be equipped with the same kind of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Bmw Serie 5 : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally discovered on entry-level models, or with few options. This kind of jack has only one articulated arm that is placed under the motor vehicle to lift it. This kind of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Bmw Serie 5 : It uses exactly similar basic principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, however the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Bmw Serie 5 : This kind of jack is not standard equipment on vehicles, and is usually only provided with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much less complicated to use and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Bmw Serie 5?
We will now begin the part that certainly done you come to this post, where is the jack on a Bmw Serie 5? It might seem very easy, but based on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Be aware that most Bmw Serie 5 vehicles are set up with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. If you have just bought your Bmw Serie 5 or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you might not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations might change based on the year and the finish of your Bmw Serie 5:
- The most common position for a jack is in the trunk of your Bmw Serie 5. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common position, your jack might be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Bmw Serie 5 is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will discover it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to be able to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Bmw Serie 5?
Finally, we will fairly quickly explain how to use the jack on your Bmw Serie 5. If it is to change your wheel or to change the brake pads of your Bmw Serie 5, the procedure remains similar. This procedure might seem complex, but you only need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Bmw Serie 5, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the vehicle, otherwise you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will usually discover a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Bmw Serie 5, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
To discover more tips on the Bmw Serie 5, take a look at the Bmw Serie 5 category.