When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it begins to have regular complications you may start to wonder, specifically if your motor vehicle won’t start. In this article we will learn you where the starter of a Vauxkhall Moka is, it will help you to solve your ignition complications. To do this, we will first explain the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Vauxkhall Moka , and, finally, how to replace the starter of a motor vehicle.
Function of the starter on your Vauxkhall Moka
We start this content by explaining the role of the starter motor on your Vauxkhall Moka. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its purpose will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is built from three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will work as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Vauxkhall Moka and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to transfer the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Most important element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Vauxkhall Moka and bring about enough speed for your engine to start.
Where is the starter on a Vauxkhall Moka?
Now that we have quickly detailed what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Vauxkhall Moka? It is quite easy to find a starter, obviously, it is a large part that will almost constantly be placed in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible locations for your motor vehicle starter down below.
Location of the starter on traditional Vauxkhall Moka
First and most general case, where to find the starter of a Vauxkhall Moka with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific action, to start the engine of your motor vehicle, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Vauxkhall Moka with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Vauxkhall Moka . This case is much less frequent. It just is about engines equipped with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. However, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Vauxkhall Moka might be integrated in your alternator, it is then called a starter-alternator, to find it nothing less difficult, find your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Vauxkhall Moka?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite quickly how to replace the starter of a Vauxkhall Moka. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of basic mechanical experience and adapted equipment. Stick to down below the main steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Vauxkhall Moka, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After discovering your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will generally be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Vauxkhall Moka, however before doing so we advise you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to remove it you may need to remove auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To discover more tips on the Vauxkhall Moka, take a look at the Vauxkhall Moka category.