When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it starts to have regular complications you might start to speculate, especially if your car won’t start. In this post we will show you where the starter of a Peugeot Rifter is, it will help you to fix your ignition complications. To do this, we will first illustrate the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Peugeot Rifter , and, finally, how to replace the starter of a car.
Function of the starter on your Peugeot Rifter
We start this content page by explaining the function of the starter motor on your Peugeot Rifter. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its function will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is composed of three most important parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will work as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Peugeot Rifter and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to transmit the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Peugeot Rifter and generate enough speed for your engine to start.
Where is the starter on a Peugeot Rifter?
Now that we have fairly quickly detailed what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter found on a Peugeot Rifter? It is quite easy to locate a starter, in actual fact, it is a large component that will almost constantly be positioned in a similar place. We let you see the two possible spots for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on classic Peugeot Rifter
First and most common case, where to locate the starter of a Peugeot Rifter with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific function, to start the engine of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is found at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Peugeot Rifter with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Peugeot Rifter . This case is much less frequent. It just relates to engines fitted with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter positioned close to the flywheel. However, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Peugeot Rifter may be integrated in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to locate it nothing easier, identify your accessory belt and you should see the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Peugeot Rifter?
Finally, we’ll show you to you actually quite fairly quickly how to replace the starter of a Peugeot Rifter. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of simple mechanical experience and adapted equipment. Stick to below the most important steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Peugeot Rifter, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to consult our content page which details how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Peugeot Rifter, nevertheless before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you might need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Rifter, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Rifter category.