When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it begins to have regular problems you may start to worry, especially if your car won’t start. In this post we will teach you where the starter of a Peugeot 307 Cc is, it will help you to solve your ignition problems. To do this, we will first describe the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Peugeot 307 Cc , and, at last, how to change the starter of a car.
Function of the starter on your Peugeot 307 Cc
We start this content by explaining the function of the starter motor on your Peugeot 307 Cc. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is made up of three most important parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Peugeot 307 Cc and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Peugeot 307 Cc and create enough speed for your engine to start.
Where is the starter on a Peugeot 307 Cc?
Now that we have fairly quickly described what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Peugeot 307 Cc? It is quite easy to find a starter, in truth, it is a large part that will almost constantly be placed in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible spots for your car starter down below.
Location of the starter on traditional Peugeot 307 Cc
First and most general circumstance, where to find the starter of a Peugeot 307 Cc with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific action, to start the engine of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Peugeot 307 Cc with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Peugeot 307 Cc . This case is much less frequent. It only concerns engines fitted with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Peugeot 307 Cc might be included in your alternator, it is then known as a starter-alternator, to find it nothing much easier, identify your accessory belt and you should see the big starter block.
How to change the starter on a Peugeot 307 Cc?
Finally, we’ll explain to you actually quite fairly quickly how to change the starter of a Peugeot 307 Cc. This procedure is not necessarily difficult, it can be considered by people who have a minimum of basic mechanical expertise and adapted tools. Adhere to down below the most important steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Peugeot 307 Cc, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content which explains how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will usually be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Peugeot 307 Cc, however before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you may need to take out parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you wish more guides on the Peugeot 307 Cc, go to our Peugeot 307 Cc category.