When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it begins to have frequent problems you may begin to speculate, especially if your car won’t start. In this article we will learn you where the starter of a Opel Adam is, it will help you to fix your ignition problems. To get this done, we will first explain the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Opel Adam , and, at last, how to change the starter of a car.
Purpose of the starter on your Opel Adam
We begin this content page by explaining the role of the starter motor on your Opel Adam. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its purpose will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is made up of three most important parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will work as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Opel Adam and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Main element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Opel Adam and make enough speed for your engine unit to begin.
Where is the starter on a Opel Adam?
Now that we have fairly quickly described what a starter is and how it functions, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Opel Adam? It is quite easy to locate a starter, obviously, it is a large component that will almost constantly be situated in a similar location. We let you discover the two possible locations for your car starter down below.
Location of the starter on classic Opel Adam
First and most common case, where to locate the starter of a Opel Adam with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular action, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to Opel Adam with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Opel Adam . This case is much less frequent. It just is about engines built with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter situated close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Opel Adam may be included in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to locate it nothing easier, locate your accessory belt and you should discover the big starter block.
How to change the starter on a Opel Adam?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite fairly quickly how to change the starter of a Opel Adam. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of basic mechanical expertise and adapted tools. Adhere to down below the most important steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Opel Adam, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to consult our content page which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Opel Adam, nevertheless before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to remove it you may need to remove auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you want more tutorials on the Opel Adam, go to our Opel Adam category.