When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it begins to have regular problems you may possibly begin to question, especially if your car won’t start. In this article we will teach you where the starter of a Nissan Qashqai is, it will help you to resolve your ignition problems. To do this, we will first describe the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Nissan Qashqai , and, finally, how to change the starter of a car.
Purpose of the starter on your Nissan Qashqai
We begin this content by detailing the function of the starter motor on your Nissan Qashqai. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its purpose will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is built from three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will work as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Nissan Qashqai and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to transfer the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Nissan Qashqai and generate enough speed for your engine to begin.
Where is the starter on a Nissan Qashqai?
Now that we have fairly quickly described what a starter is and how it functions, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Nissan Qashqai? It is quite easy to discover a starter, indeed, it is a large part that will almost constantly be placed in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible locations for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on classic Nissan Qashqai
First and most basic circumstance, where to discover the starter of a Nissan Qashqai with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific objective, to start the engine of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Nissan Qashqai with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Nissan Qashqai . This case is much less frequent. It just is about engines built with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Nissan Qashqai may be built in in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to discover it nothing less difficult, find your accessory belt and you should see the big starter block.
How to change the starter on a Nissan Qashqai?
Finally, we’ll explain to you quite fairly quickly how to change the starter of a Nissan Qashqai. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a minimum of basic mechanical knowledge and adapted tools. Stick to below the main steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Nissan Qashqai, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will generally be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Nissan Qashqai, however before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you may possibly need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Qashqai, go to our Nissan Qashqai category.