When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it begins to have regular complications you might start to wonder, especially if your car won’t start. In this post we will show you where the starter of a Nissan Cube is, it will help you to resolve your ignition complications. To get this done, we will first explain the purpose of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Nissan Cube , and, finally, how to replace the starter of a car.
Purpose of the starter on your Nissan Cube
We start this content by detailing the purpose of the starter motor on your Nissan Cube. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its function will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is made up of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will act as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Nissan Cube and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Most important component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Nissan Cube and generate enough speed for your engine unit to start.
Where is the starter on a Nissan Cube?
Now that we have fairly quickly described what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Nissan Cube? It is quite easy to discover a starter, in fact, it is a large component that will almost always be placed in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible places for your car starter down below.
Location of the starter on classic Nissan Cube
First and most basic case, where to discover the starter of a Nissan Cube with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular objective, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must always be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to Nissan Cube with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Nissan Cube . This case is much less frequent. It only relates to engines equipped with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Nissan Cube might be integrated in your alternator, it is then called a starter-alternator, to discover it nothing much easier, locate your accessory belt and you should see the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Nissan Cube?
Finally, we’ll describe to you quite fairly quickly how to replace the starter of a Nissan Cube. This procedure is not necessarily complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of simple mechanical expertise and adapted equipment. Adhere to down below the main steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Nissan Cube, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Nissan Cube, nevertheless before doing so we advise you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you might need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To find more tips on the Nissan Cube, take a look at the Nissan Cube category.