When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it starts to have frequent complications you may possibly start to question, specifically if your motor vehicle won’t start. In this article we will learn you where the starter of a Mercedes Classe A 3 is, it will help you to fix your ignition complications. To do this, we will first illustrate the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Mercedes Classe A 3 , and, finally, how to change the starter of a motor vehicle.
Function of the starter on your Mercedes Classe A 3
We start this content page by detailing the function of the starter motor on your Mercedes Classe A 3. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its function will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is composed of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Mercedes Classe A 3 and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Mercedes Classe A 3 and bring about enough speed for your engine to start.
Where is the starter on a Mercedes Classe A 3?
Now that we have fairly quickly detailed what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Mercedes Classe A 3? It is quite easy to find a starter, in truth, it is a large component that will almost constantly be situated in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible spots for your motor vehicle starter below.
Location of the starter on traditional Mercedes Classe A 3
First and most basic circumstance, where to find the starter of a Mercedes Classe A 3 with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular action, to start the engine of your motor vehicle, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Mercedes Classe A 3 with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Mercedes Classe A 3 . This case is much less frequent. It only concerns engines fitted with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter situated close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Mercedes Classe A 3 might be included in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to find it nothing less difficult, find your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to change the starter on a Mercedes Classe A 3?
Finally, we’ll explain to you quite fairly quickly how to change the starter of a Mercedes Classe A 3. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of simple mechanical expertise and adapted equipment. Stick to below the main steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Mercedes Classe A 3, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content page which details how to do it without taking any risk.
- After discovering your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Mercedes Classe A 3, nevertheless before doing so we suggest you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you may possibly need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Classe A 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Classe A 3 category.