When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it starts to have regular complications you might begin to speculate, specifically if your car won’t start. In this post we will show you where the starter of a Mazda CX 3 is, it will help you to fix your ignition complications. To achieve this, we will first explain the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Mazda CX 3 , and, at last, how to replace the starter of a car.
Role of the starter on your Mazda CX 3
We begin this content by detailing the role of the starter motor on your Mazda CX 3. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is composed of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will act as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Mazda CX 3 and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to transfer the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Most important component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Mazda CX 3 and bring about enough speed for your engine to begin.
Where is the starter on a Mazda CX 3?
Now that we have quickly detailed what a starter is and how it functions, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter located on a Mazda CX 3? It is quite easy to discover a starter, indeed, it is a large part that will almost constantly be positioned in a similar location. We let you discover the two possible spots for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on traditional Mazda CX 3
First and most general circumstance, where to discover the starter of a Mazda CX 3 with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific function, to start the engine of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is located at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Mazda CX 3 with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Mazda CX 3 . This case is much less frequent. It just is about engines fitted with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter positioned close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Mazda CX 3 might be built in in your alternator, it is then known as a starter-alternator, to discover it nothing easier, identify your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Mazda CX 3?
Finally, we’ll describe to you actually quite quickly how to replace the starter of a Mazda CX 3. This process is not necessarily complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of simple mechanical expertise and adapted equipment. Stick to below the main steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Mazda CX 3, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content which explains how to do it without taking any risk.
- After discovering your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Mazda CX 3, however before doing so we suggest you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you might need to take out parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 3, take a look at the Mazda CX 3 category.