When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it begins to have frequent problems you might begin to question, especially if your motor vehicle won’t start. In this post we will show you where the starter of a Lexus CT is, it will help you to resolve your ignition problems. To get this done, we will first explain the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Lexus CT , and, at last, how to replace the starter of a motor vehicle.
Function of the starter on your Lexus CT
We begin this content page by explaining the function of the starter motor on your Lexus CT. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is made up of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Lexus CT and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to transmit the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Lexus CT and bring about enough speed for your engine to begin.
Where is the starter on a Lexus CT?
Now that we have quickly explained what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter found on a Lexus CT? It is quite easy to locate a starter, indeed, it is a large part that will almost always be situated in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible spots for your motor vehicle starter below.
Location of the starter on classic Lexus CT
First and most basic circumstance, where to locate the starter of a Lexus CT with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific action, to start the engine of your motor vehicle, for that, it must always be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is found at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Lexus CT with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Lexus CT . This case is much less frequent. It just relates to engines built with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter situated close to the flywheel. However, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Lexus CT might be built in in your alternator, it is then known as a starter-alternator, to locate it nothing easier, locate your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Lexus CT?
Finally, we’ll describe to you quite quickly how to replace the starter of a Lexus CT. This procedure is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a minimum of basic mechanical expertise and adapted tools. Follow below the main steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Lexus CT, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to consult our content page which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After discovering your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Lexus CT, nevertheless before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you might need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To find more tips on the Lexus CT, take a look at the Lexus CT category.