When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it begins to have regular problems you might start to speculate, specifically if your car won’t start. In this article we will learn you where the starter of a Infiniti QX80 is, it will help you to solve your ignition problems. To do this, we will first explain the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Infiniti QX80 , and, at last, how to replace the starter of a car.
Function of the starter on your Infiniti QX80
We start this article by explaining the role of the starter motor on your Infiniti QX80. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is made up of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Infiniti QX80 and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Main element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Infiniti QX80 and bring about enough speed for your engine unit to start.
Where is the starter on a Infiniti QX80?
Now that we have fairly quickly explained what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter located on a Infiniti QX80? It is quite easy to discover a starter, indeed, it is a large part that will almost constantly be placed in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible spots for your car starter down below.
Location of the starter on traditional Infiniti QX80
First and most common circumstance, where to discover the starter of a Infiniti QX80 with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular function, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is located at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to Infiniti QX80 with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Infiniti QX80 . This case is much less frequent. It only is about engines fitted with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. However, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Infiniti QX80 might be included in your alternator, it is then called a starter-alternator, to discover it nothing much easier, locate your accessory belt and you should discover the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Infiniti QX80?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite fairly quickly how to replace the starter of a Infiniti QX80. This process is not necessarily complex, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of basic mechanical knowledge and adapted tools. Follow down below the main steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Infiniti QX80, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our article which explains how to do it without taking any risk.
- After locating your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Infiniti QX80, nevertheless before doing so we advise you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you might need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To discover more tips on the Infiniti QX80, take a look at the Infiniti QX80 category.