When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it starts to have frequent complications you may possibly start to wonder, especially if your car won’t start. In this post we will show you where the starter of a hyundai i40 is, it will help you to resolve your ignition complications. To get this done, we will first explain the purpose of a starter, then, where is the starter on a hyundai i40 , and, at last, how to replace the starter of a car.
Purpose of the starter on your hyundai i40
We start this content page by explaining the purpose of the starter motor on your hyundai i40. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is composed of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will work as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your hyundai i40 and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Most important component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your hyundai i40 and bring about enough speed for your engine unit to start.
Where is the starter on a hyundai i40?
Now that we have fairly quickly explained what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a hyundai i40? It is quite easy to locate a starter, in truth, it is a large component that will almost constantly be situated in a similar location. We let you see the two possible spots for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on traditional hyundai i40
First and most common circumstance, where to locate the starter of a hyundai i40 with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific action, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to hyundai i40 with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your hyundai i40 . This case is much less frequent. It just relates to engines fitted with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter situated close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your hyundai i40 might be built in in your alternator, it is then called a starter-alternator, to locate it nothing much easier, identify your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a hyundai i40?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite fairly quickly how to replace the starter of a hyundai i40. This process is not actually complex, it can be considered by people who have a minimal of simple mechanical expertise and adapted tools. Adhere to below the main steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your hyundai i40, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to consult our content page which details how to do it without taking any risk.
- After locating your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will usually be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your hyundai i40, nevertheless before doing so we suggest you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you may possibly need to take out auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the hyundai i40, do not hesitate to consult our hyundai i40 category.