When your car is running normally everything is fine, nevertheless if it starts to have regular problems you might start to speculate, specifically if your car won’t start. In this article we will show you where the starter of a Citroen C3 Picasso is, it will help you to solve your ignition problems. To do this, we will first illustrate the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Citroen C3 Picasso , and, at last, how to replace the starter of a car.
Role of the starter on your Citroen C3 Picasso
We start this content by detailing the role of the starter motor on your Citroen C3 Picasso. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its role will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is built from three most important parts:
- The Solenoid: This part is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Citroen C3 Picasso and let the current from your battery to the engine of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine: Main element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Citroen C3 Picasso and generate enough speed for your engine to start.
Where is the starter on a Citroen C3 Picasso?
Now that we have quickly detailed what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter based on a Citroen C3 Picasso? It is quite easy to find a starter, in actual fact, it is a large component that will almost always be placed in a similar place. We let you see the two possible spots for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on traditional Citroen C3 Picasso
First and most general circumstance, where to find the starter of a Citroen C3 Picasso with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a specific objective, to start the engine of your car, for that, it must always be near the engine flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is based at the junction between your gearbox and your engine.
Location of the starter to Citroen C3 Picasso with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Citroen C3 Picasso . This case is much less frequent. It just is about engines equipped with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter placed close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some specific series or engines, the starter of your Citroen C3 Picasso might be included in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to find it nothing less difficult, locate your accessory belt and you should find out the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Citroen C3 Picasso?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite quickly how to replace the starter of a Citroen C3 Picasso. This procedure is not actually difficult, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of simple mechanical expertise and adapted equipment. Follow below the most important steps to perform this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Citroen C3 Picasso, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content which details how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine block, there will in most cases be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Citroen C3 Picasso, nevertheless before doing so we recommend you to take a picture of the set up to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to remove it you might need to remove auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you need more tutorials on the Citroen C3 Picasso, go to our Citroen C3 Picasso category.