Recent cars are more and more fitted with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the disadvantages. Many of us are not convenient with anything electrical on our Nissan Qashqai, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Nissan Qashqai. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it can be important to replace the fuse of the horn of your Nissan Qashqai, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Nissan Qashqai .
Why replace the horn fuse to Nissan Qashqai?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the horn fuse of your Nissan Qashqai by the interest of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Nissan Qashqai . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Nissan Qashqai when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is functioning properly, it might be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the horn fuse on Nissan Qashqai?
We will now search for the place of the horn fuse on your Nissan Qashqai . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the resolve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Nissan Qashqai horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Nissan Qashqai
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Nissan Qashqai. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Nissan Qashqai.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Nissan Qashqai , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s defective, change it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last part of this content and verify your horn. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your Nissan Qashqai
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Nissan Qashqai, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your user manual if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Nissan Qashqai, or the car radio fuse Nissan Qashqai, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Nissan Qashqai, take a look at the Nissan Qashqai category.